Saturday, May 14, 2011

Recent Happenings


Since the most recent resurgence of 8 Jones Street, I've been so busy I've fallen off the web again! Bad, bad Sarah. So, where have I been? What have I been doing? In homage to one of my favorite blogs (Amanda Soule's SouleMama) I'm going to start a new tradition to keep me on track. So Saturdays' (mostly at least, I'm sure I'll stray at times) I'll post an update similar to Soule Mama's :: right now :: posts. I'll call the posts "Happenings" until something more clever strikes me.

So... drumroll please...

Recent Happenings
Right now, I am:

Reeling daily as I see my daughter grow and change and develop as her own person

Listening to Akron Family's song River and reminded of the joy music brings to my life.

Smelling the yummy veggies roasting up for dinner - yay for the Sunnyvale Farmer's Market

Longing for more time in the week to dedicate to my creative projects (just so, so hard to find the time when you work roughly 50 hours per week!)

Watching neighborhood teens scramble in pre-prom photo hysteria - it sure is a sight!

Feeling nostalgic for my early twenties, such as can happy when you're in your thirties, and therefore...

Missing my family and friends on the East Coast

Loving the beautiful people in my daily life

Thinking that I might call a friend to go out tonight

Developing an addiction to fabric and sewing

Reading the very beginning of The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet by David Mitchell and was blown away by the first scene

Planning for a long-awaited family trip to Maine

Contemplating writing

Enjoying a peaceful afternoon and some time to myself

And on that note, I think I'll take some time to get back to Jacob De Zoet. Until next time...

No comments: