Friday, January 6, 2012

The Crafty Fork


2012 is upon us, and one of my resolutions was to do less.  So why did I start a new blog, The Crafty Fork?

Well, I cook every day.  And I love to cook! 

Growing up, we always ate at home, and I’d say 90% of the meals my parents made were entirely “from scratch.”  Sure on occasion we ate at restaurants, but maybe only once a month.  In addition to being homemade, our meals were rounded: there was always a protein, some carbs, and at least one vegetable.  And dinner was always at the table, with everyone present.  Always.  We lived in Maine and had a vegetable garden, bought foods “in season,” and ordered our Thanksgiving turkeys from a local family farm.

The current trend in local, organic, artisan food is very near and dear to me.  I’ve been living this way my whole life!  (Maybe not as a college student, when bagels, peanut butter, and frozen pizza were my staples… but I digress…) Now that I have a family of my own, and talk with other parents a lot, I am constantly sharing my recipes and “tricks” to get my kid to eat healthily.  (hint: there are no tricks!  Just eat what you should eat, and the kids will too).

Come visit to learn how to make amazing, healthy food.

Like the Wholesome Pizza with Whole Wheat and Flax Seed Crust, pictured above.

See recipe and instructions to make this delicious pizza on The Crafty Fork!
Or my favorite cold-weather cure, Easy Rustic Matzo Ball Soup, Goy Style.


Or learn how to roast almonds at home.  Roasted Almonds with Sea Salt


Have a happy, prosperous, healthy, and most importantly, happy new year.  And please come visit The Crafty Fork - I'd love to see you there!

Sarah

2 comments:

Henry Cath said...

Roasted Almonds! I like it too much. Really great and amazing food. And sea salt is really eating test with
the Roasted Almonds. Thanks a lot for sharing this menu.

Black Smith said...

I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your site
and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single
piece of information you post here.

Ophthalmology
Surgical instruments
Dental Instruments
Beauty instruments
Neurosurgery Instruments
ENT instruments
Gynecology instruments
Orthopedic instruments
Hollow wear Utensils
Veterinary instruments
Surgery Sets